Tuesday, January 12, 2010

Love is illiterate...


Someone wrote on the door of the heart


“Please, do not enter.””

Love came smiling and said,

“Sorry, I am illiterate.”

It entered into the most hardened of hearts

Smiled sweetly and said, “I love you”.

It was shouted down with a string of abuses

Yet it kept smiling and said,

“Wow, I never heard any of these before. But surely, it seems you love me so much.

I just used three words and you kept going on and on.”

Irritated and flushed red, the hardened heart managed a smile and said,

“It’s not love. I was abusing you.”

Love became excited and jumping up and down said something one could never imagine,

“So you are blushing now and smiling back and say it isn’t love.”

Fuming with rage, the hardened heart caught hold of love.

But before it could say anything, Love chirped in,

“O’ so now you are holding me and I know you’ll never let me go.”

1 comment:

T.Karthikeyan said...

Interesting piece. Indeed love is such a shameless thing. Many times love comes down the level of giving up all inklings of shame. One can look at that as a symbol of weakness only at one's own peril.

Love climbs down the hill of self-esteem before reaching its pinnacle.